jet another "cannot manage virtual router. the service is not running"

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I am running a HP EliteBook with Win 7 Enterprise as admin, but as soon as I try to run the Virtual Router (v1.0) I receive the message "cannot manage virtual router. the service is not running" at the bottom of the Virtual Router Window.

What I did (try) so far:
  • I have entered the following into the CMD promt: "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Test key=password"
  • and then: "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"
  • I have a running LAN connection (to the Internet) and here under Security (hope that´s the english name for it, ´caus I´m runnning a german version of windows) I have allowed the sharing with my "Test" wlan adapter.
  • I have tried to see how my drivers (newest Intel Wireless-N 7260 v18.12.1) are working by typing "netsh wlan show drivers" into my CMD prompt, but I got a YES for supporting of hosted networks.
  • And in the Task Manager under Services the VirtualRouterService is running.
  • so my wlan-"TEST"-connection is up and running and I am able to connect with my mobile device to this Virtual HotSpot, but I have no access to the internet.
Anyway I am unable to get the Virtual Router Manager itself running ... just the start window (with as SSID and dimmed password, share connection and a dimmed start button) and the annoying "cannot manage virtual router. the service is not running" at the bottom.

Please can anyone help me with that one ... I running out of ideas!

Thank you and regards from Austria,