How do you start the VR without encryption or have it run at older security standards?

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I understand the whole thing about protecting yourself via encryption, but I want to remove or run at a lower encryption setting for the following reasons:

1) The PSP does NOT support WPA2. It only does WEP and WPA1. My laptops audio card is just terrible, it's full of static so I use my psp for internet radio when I'm at the school library. The school's wifi is terrible and drops frequently if you're able to connect at all. What I have going on at the moment is, my laptop is hooked up via 100mbps ethernet and I want to broadcast the signal using virtual router manager using my wifi card and making it a hotspot for my PSP.
  Note: PC Ad-hoc ICS does not work with PSP Ad-hoc
2) Since the WiFi here is horrid, I thought I'd help out a few friends and classmates with WiFi since I have an amazing connection via ethernet.

3) I do not own a smart phone or mp3 player.
Oct 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I was looking for the same thing so I can connect my DS, but it looks like we are out of luck.

"Encryption is also required, with no method of disabling it." from the FAQ, and
"Unfortunately, the Wireless Hosted Network feature of Windows 7 (which is what Virtual Router uses internally) only support WPA2." from this discussion.