Nook Simple Touch won't connect

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:52 AM

First, excellent project.  Really cool and useful.

I've set it up on a Win7 Home Premium SP1 and it definitely works.  I've connected my iPhone to it via Wifi which will be helpful in some hotels where my iPhone won't connect to their wifi but Windows will.  I like to download podcasts over wifi so I don't blow up my data usage.

However, when I try to connect my new Nook Simple Touch, it doesn't connect.  It finds the SSID, I see the MAC of the Nook on the Virtual Router console, it tries to get an address, but it then says unsuccessful getting address on the Nook and disappears from the Virtual Router console.

Any ideas on things to try?  Known issue?

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I just had the exact same experience. It would be great if someone knows a way around this/it gets fixed if it's a bug.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Well maybe Nook doesn't use wireless connection since you said it worked with the Iphone! You should check that out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ make money online

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM

I had a same problem with you guys. but what I did is i get the default gateway of my Wireless Connection 2.

for example    default gateway:

after that since the virtual router sometimes does not produce IP address, instead of obtaining automatic ip add

i make my mobile phone use a static ip. And the thing is that it works perfectly..

just make your static ip add close to your default gateway..

ex: default gateway:

ip add: