Using virtual router to bypass school security problems

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Hey, basically what I'm trying to do is run my nintendo wii through my computer that is connected to their routers. Since my school doesn't support gaming, they offer no help with the fact that my wii can't connect to their internet because of their security setup. What i'm trying to do is use my computer that's connected to their internet to broadcast to my wii and connect that way, but is it a lost battle already? I was getting an error when connecting to them even though I gave them my wii's MAC address, so I thought maybe if I used my computer that connects perfectly as a source of internet I could connect that way.. But now I'm still getting an error. Do you have any advice for if what I'm trying to do will be possible? The wii recognizes my computer as a router, but it can't get through to the internet when connecting to it

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I haven't tried using Virtual Router to connect a Wii wirelessly to the internet, so I'm unsure what your issue could entirely be.

Please post any info you find out from trying so other may be able to reference it here. Thanks.