V1.0 keeps automatically disconnecting

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
The previous versions of virtual router stays connected as long as possible after being started up, but the latest (V1.0) tends to automatically disconnect after being connected for only abit.
Tried trouble shooting this problem , but cant get my hands around it. Don't know if its a defect from the coding, or it has to do with my pc (all my network related drivers and pc upgrades are up to date)
Any suggestions ?
Nov 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I had the same problem.

Make sure Virtual Router is running and sharing a connection.
Go into Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
Click 'Change adapter settings' on the upper left.
On my machine, the Virtual Router connection is automatically named Local Area Connection *11. Yours may be different, but its the one that says 'Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter' under the device name.
RIght click and select Properties, then click Configure.
Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

This has worked great for me.
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
THANK YOU.
Appreciate the reply, went to the adapter settings and unchecked the "allow the computer to turn this device to save power" like you advised and it worked.
But then again, the network seizes to be visible at certain times, which requires me to restart the Virtual router. Doe this has being occurring previously, do you have any way of working around this problem ?