Error "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers"

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I keep getting this error when I try to "Start Virtual Router". It will work for a few days and then the error will come back. I've tried reinstalling the app but that doesn't fix anything.
May 15, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I'm seeing this error, too. Did you make any progress with it?
May 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I am also getting this error.

When I connect to Wireless Network Connection and share over Wireless Network Connection2 (virtual one) it works fine.
When I connect to Wireless 3g modem and share over Wireless Network Connection2 (virtual one) it shows the error.

Some one please help.
May 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Edited May 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yes, I did resolve it. The problem happens when Virtual Router isn't closed properly (ie when your connection disconnects or your computer locks up and needs to be restarted). The shared internet connection still has a lock on the share Virtual Router created, and so it can't create a new one.

Go into your Network and Sharing center

Then go to change adapter settings. Select the Internet adapter whose Internet connection you share with other devices (ie if you connect to the Internet using 3G, select that 3G. If you connect to the Internet using wireless, select that wireless). Make sure to select the connection Virtual Router was last using.

Go to Internet Sharing. Break the lock on the old share by setting the adapter to share its connection with something else (whatever you have handy; network adapter, wireless, anything). You'll get a warning about the old share still being in effect. Break the old share, click OK until the settings for your adapter closes.

Open up your adapter's settings again, and remove the shared connection you just created. Keep clicking OK to close the adapter's settings.

Start up Virtual router again, and enjoy.

This isn't a problem specific to VR, any similar app you try won't be able to create a share until you break the old one that VR had.