Virtual Wifi device not found!

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Neither "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" or "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" were found

-How can I solve this problem?
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Check in device manager under network adapters and make sure the Virtual Miniport adapter is enabled. This fixed the problem for me.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM
If this problem still persists... What version of Windows are you using? Also, which service pack is installed?
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Same problem here, I don't have any "Virtual Miniport adapter" under network adapters to enable.
I'm running window 8.
thanks
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Same here.

I have Windows 8 Pro 64bit
WLAN:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM
So I solved it for me. THe problem was that I had to allow other user to user my connetions so I activate it on my host wifi device and was restarting on the cmd and it was working for me

THis tutorial describe it very detailed
http://dottech.org/90970/windows-8-how-to-tether-internet-connection/
Jul 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Hi all.
I try this good software and find the same error.
I solved it by adding in project Russian localization of "Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter", like this
                            privateConnectionGuid = (from c in this.icsManager.Connections
                                                     where c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter") // Windows 7
                                                     || c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("microsoft hosted network virtual adapter") // Windows 8
                                                     || c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("виртуальный адаптер размещенной сети (майкрософт)")
                                                     select c.Guid).FirstOrDefault();

after rebuild the project (thx for source) and change the .dll of service, it works fine for me.
Thx for good and free software.
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Using Windows 8 traditional chinese version.
I found the hotspot was created even the above error message pop out.
The wifi adaptor name changed to use local language name other than "microsoft hosted network virtual adaptor"
In tradition chinese it is "Microsoft 主控網路虛擬介面卡"
In simplied chinese it is "Microsoft 主控网路虚拟介面卡"
Oct 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Alexey_Starshinov wrote:
Hi all.
I try this good software and find the same error.
I solved it by adding in project Russian localization of "Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter", like this
                            privateConnectionGuid = (from c in this.icsManager.Connections
                                                     where c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter") // Windows 7
                                                     || c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("microsoft hosted network virtual adapter") // Windows 8
                                                     || c.props.DeviceName.ToLowerInvariant().Contains("виртуальный адаптер размещенной сети (майкрософт)")
                                                     select c.Guid).FirstOrDefault();

after rebuild the project (thx for source) and change the .dll of service, it works fine for me.
Thx for good and free software.
I'm sorry, but where did you find the document to edit and be able to add the name of your adapter in your language? I'm having this problem here (my Windows is in portuguese).
Oct 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Hi.
It is easy if you can programming with C# language.
If you can not - please write a letter to the author of this program to add in settings the addition of virtual adapter localization strings.

If you can program with C#, follow this steps:
  1. download source
  2. open sources in MS VS 2012.
  3. find VirtualRouterHost poject, file VirtualRouterHost.cs, public bool Start(SharableConnection sharedConnection) function
  4. add the following code
                    if (this.icsManager.SharingInstalled)
                    {
                        var privateConnectionGuid = this.wlanManager.HostedNetworkInterfaceGuid;

if (privateConnectionGuid == Guid.Empty)
                        {
                             foreach (var c in this.icsManager.Connections)
                            {
                                LogProvider.Instance.Info(c.props.DeviceName);
                            }
                       }

LogProvider - simple output log library (use you own lib, or just write into the file).
  1. stop program service (VirtualRouterService) and add your compiled library into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Router
  2. start service and check strings. One of them (virtual adapter in your language) is that we are looking.
  3. add this string into VirtualRouterHost poject, file VirtualRouterHost.cs, like in my previous message, in public bool Start(SharableConnection sharedConnection) function.
Maybe 4-6 points you can do easy. I am not familiar with services and their debugging.
Oct 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thank you for taking your time to write this down!
I can not program in C# (at all, actually), but I'll send a message to the author of the program.
Thanks a lot!
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM
You are welcome!