The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation error?

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Hello,

I am trying to boost my router range by using my notebook as a repeater.
Since I only have only 1 wireless adapter on my notebook, maybe this is the reason I am getting this error, though I know this can be achieved and from what I read on this site people have managed it.
I am running window 7 x64 and have a HP dv6 pavilion 2100 notebook with a broadcom wireless adapter.
Each time I try to start the server I get the following error:
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation
Please advise!

Thank you
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM
i just downloaded virtual router but when i clicked on start virtual router i got the same error message, any help?
Feb 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Helle,

i'm using an DELL Presision M4700 with Windows 7 Prof x64. Have the same problem. Service is running but after start getting the given error.

(Using actual version 1.0, downloaded today)

Thank's
Feb 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Hey,

I found the reason I was having this problem.
The Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter wasn't working.
To make sure it's working do the following:
1) Open an elevated Command Prompt window
2) type:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
After trying the command line bit above it still didn't work. Check in device manager under network adapters and make sure the Virtual Miniport adapter is enabled. This fixed the problem for me after a reboot and then it worked.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Here's a Hotfix available from Microsoft for a common cause of this problem on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496820

If the hotfix doesn't work, or you aren't using Windows 7 or 2008 R2, then you could try some of the suggestions at the following link:
http://superuser.com/questions/373861/how-can-i-start-hostednetwork-on-windows-7
Apr 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
It was quite the headache until I found YMatrix's suggestion, which did the trick for me. I'm on Win8. EDIT:It would be convenient if the command was integrated into Virtual Router.
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
__Hello Virtual WIFI users. Heres the TRUE solution and I hope this would work
and if it works please follow my little favor. (My pc is windows 7)

__
Step 1: Click Open Network and Sharing Center on the connection status area.

Step 2: Click Change Adapter Setting (hint: at the left side).

Step 3: Find the Maryfi Connection.

Step 4: Right click it and click Enable.


So simple, so my favor is...

follow me on Instagram,Facebook,Kik
Instagram: www.instagram.com/wenxiewenz
Kik: wenxiewenz
Facebook: www.facebook.com/wenxie.wenz


Thank You hope it Help.
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM
RoadToNever wrote:
It was quite the headache until I found YMatrix's suggestion, which did the trick for me. I'm on Win8. EDIT:It would be convenient if the command was integrated into Virtual Router.
hey! follow mine...look below
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM
hey read my thread below
Apr 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I have found way to solve this problem. Read here --> http://learnh0w.blogspot.com/2013/04/virtual-router-problems.html#more . 100% work for window 7. Other window i don't sure. Just try it.
May 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM
thanks to YMatrix, your solution worked. Am on Win 8, HP G62 with Ralink wifi chip
Aug 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM
YMatrix wrote:
Hey,

I found the reason I was having this problem.
The Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter wasn't working.
To make sure it's working do the following:
1) Open an elevated Command Prompt window
2) type:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
This works for me :) Thanks
Dec 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Hope this youtube video helps someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr5nKTqa1vk
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
reimnet wrote:
i just downloaded virtual router but when i clicked on start virtual router i got the same error message, any help?
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM
run this command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
vijayshankarbhatt wrote:
reimnet wrote:
i just downloaded virtual router but when i clicked on start virtual router i got the same error message, any help?
run this command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
jeffyjan wrote:
Hope this youtube video helps someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr5nKTqa1vk
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
wenxiewenz wrote:
__Hello Virtual WIFI users. Heres the TRUE solution and I hope this would work
and if it works please follow my little favor. (My pc is windows 7)

__
Step 1: Click Open Network and Sharing Center on the connection status area.

Step 2: Click Change Adapter Setting (hint: at the left side).

Step 3: Find the Maryfi Connection.

Step 4: Right click it and click Enable.


So simple, so my favor is...

follow me on Instagram,Facebook,Kik
Instagram: www.instagram.com/wenxiewenz
Kik: wenxiewenz
Facebook: www.facebook.com/wenxie.wenz


Thank You hope it Help.
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
Jan 30 at 10:44 AM
I am getting same error message.. any Help..tried Hotfix but it is not working.

SEO Blog
Android Blog
Mar 23 at 11:19 AM
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&index=3&list=PLKo21v9PcApqMszngW0to64UvPzwJG6UT
Mar 23 at 11:20 AM
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&index=3&list=PLKo21v9PcApqMszngW0to64UvPzwJG6UT
Apr 7 at 5:54 AM
YMatrix pls help...Still I am not able to use Virtual Router pls help. I am not using genuine windows so is it because of that ? I f I purchase original windows 7 then do u think problem may be solved?

Thnkx
Apr 7 at 6:46 PM
Go to Device Manager, under Network Adapters, enable Microsoft Virtual Wifi miniport Adapter
Apr 25 at 9:03 PM
Edited Apr 25 at 9:05 PM
wow @YMatrix... Bingo it worked for me as well,on window 7...
Thanks alot
beer.... :)
May 13 at 6:56 PM
i found this out by trying to allow it through my winpatrol pro (because i thought that it might be blocking the VR from working some way..) but it told me that the VR isn't compatible using 64bit systems... so there's my problem.. it needs to be fixed to allow 64 bit versions of Windows.
:\
none of the above helped me. most i already knew of and tried previously before here. lol.
i have windows 8.2 64bit btw
Jul 30 at 3:16 PM
I've run Computer management->Network adapters->uninstall appropriate adapter->scan for hw changes to get it back again
and this helped
Aug 9 at 12:11 PM
__Thanks so much. this is the only true solution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr5nKTqa1vk__
Sep 27 at 11:58 AM
Nov 17 at 8:15 PM
YMatrix wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to boost my router range by using my notebook as a repeater.
Since I only have only 1 wireless adapter on my notebook, maybe this is the reason I am getting this error, though I know this can be achieved and from what I read on this site people have managed it.
I am running window 7 x64 and have a HP dv6 pavilion 2100 notebook with a broadcom wireless adapter.
Each time I try to start the server I get the following error:
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation
Please advise!

Thank you
solution 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=19

solution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9rRPpq3JI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=1
Nov 17 at 8:16 PM
Saphris wrote:
i found this out by trying to allow it through my winpatrol pro (because i thought that it might be blocking the VR from working some way..) but it told me that the VR isn't compatible using 64bit systems... so there's my problem.. it needs to be fixed to allow 64 bit versions of Windows.
:\
none of the above helped me. most i already knew of and tried previously before here. lol.
i have windows 8.2 64bit btw
solution 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=19

solution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9rRPpq3JI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=1
Nov 17 at 8:16 PM
ganajali wrote:
YMatrix pls help...Still I am not able to use Virtual Router pls help. I am not using genuine windows so is it because of that ? I f I purchase original windows 7 then do u think problem may be solved?

Thnkx
solution 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=19

solution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9rRPpq3JI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=1
Nov 17 at 8:17 PM
vijayshankarbhatt wrote:
reimnet wrote:
i just downloaded virtual router but when i clicked on start virtual router i got the same error message, any help?
run following command using cmd with admin previledge

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
solution 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzgZGM4LpI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=19

solution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9rRPpq3JI&list=PLKo21v9PcApq62XvMhw1OyNs6qJok9QKD&index=1
Nov 17 at 10:10 PM
This fixed it for me:
Install the hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496820
Open command prompt with root permissions
type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
reboot computer
go to device manager then network adapters
disable the one that says Microsoft virtual router or something like that
enable it
then start the router.