A.) Virtual Router could not be started
-when first started sometimes it will say " Virtual Router could not be started ".
sol: based on my experience just try it again. click the ok button again and click the refresh button in the VirtualRouter GUI
and then choose what type of shared connection you want. Then the problem is solved!!!. It is now working..but some will say their
devices can connect to the VirtualRouter but with no internet connection, so it will lead to another problem which is B.
B.) Why there is no internet services in my device(mobile/PC/LAPTOP) while it is said that I have a connection in my VirtualRouter?
-This is also my main problem when I first started the VirtualRouter. I can connect to the VirtualRouter but with no internet access.
sol: based on my experience this is what I did:
1. Go to Control Panel and then click " NETWORK and INTERNET"
2. Click " NETWORK and SHARING CENTER" and Click "Change adapter settings"
3. Make sure that your original connection thru internet does share its connection to your Wireless Network Connection 2"
in my case my "Broadband Connection" is shared. To do this I double click my "Broadband Connection" and click Properties
then go to "Sharing Tab" then click the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"
then choose "Wireless Network Connection 2". Then Click "OK".
4. It will prompt "Since this connection is currently active,some settings will not take effect until the next time you dial it" then just dial again
5. Then now you have a connection!!!
Some will say that when they look into the connection it is said No internet access but don't worry because that's not true it is not only updated in the changes hehe!!... but if you want to see the word "Internet Access" just redo the letter
A.) statement. no need to disconnect again.
3.) Still Having Problems? then do the manual thing.
- actually as i read the articles in the other forums I learned that making your laptop/pc a virtual router is one advantage of using Windows 7 so it means that
even though you don't use VirtualRouter you can still make your Laptops/PC a VirtualRouter. So why do we need to use Virtual Router? actually for me it is only intended for easy use or for GUI purposes since it is impractical to type many words
in command prompt especially if you are a newbie in PC thing.
Sol: before starting make sure you disconnect your internet connection.
note: do the letter B.) before you proceed below
1. Go to "Command Prompt" you may type "cmd" in the search bar.
2. then type the following:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=VirtualRouter key=123456789
3. then type :
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
4. Then connect to internet
5. Then You already have a Wireless Access Point..
note: ssid is the name of your wifi so you can change the VirtualRouter in any name you want.
key is your password so you can change the value
12345678 in any password you want.
I hope I help others especially those who wants to use the VirtualRouter.
sorry for my english hehe...