Windows Phone 7.5

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Hi All,

I just discovered this project and I think it has a great utility as well for Windows Phone 7.5, Let me explain!

Windows Phone 7.5, Mango has a built in Wifi Hotspot to share the mobile broadband internet, BUT some rascal operators (here in Singapore for ex) disable this setting or even remove it from the kernel.

I would be interested to extract from the current code a lite version just to share the broadband using Wifi on my Windows Phone 7.5 (Nokia 710) which is a real good mobile phone. Certainly the first real phone that Microsoft ever made! Metro is really a nice and efficient OS for mobile phones.

I have some experience with the wifi kernel API as few years ago I wrote the WIFI EAP-SIM (EAP implementation using a SIM card and a custom RADIUS server) client for both windows and widows CE 3 or 4 (not sure of the version!) This code was purely C++ at the time and I just used C# to simulate the authentication protocol, server side as the client I wrote was using a COM architecture.

O. Rouit

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I want to start developing apps for windows 7 phones and by what you said, Windows phones are on the way up. I think there is a tremendous amount of opportunity and potential, Windows are catching up!!