Hello All: I had the same problem that a few of you have had. I am running an Intel 6300 wlan and would get the can not manage service not running, even though the service was in fact running. I also got the can not start service.
Here are my thoughts to get it working:
1. You must have the two wireless adapters working ( one is the physical adapter and the other is a virtual adapter ) if you only have one most likely your wireless does not support using the hosted network
2. Even though both adapters are showing present the virtual one is well virtual. no jsut kidding. It's like the listed name in your network adapters dialog is a place holder.
3. Ensure ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is turned off on all adapters.
So, what worked for me is:
1. Going to the network adapters and disabling the physical wireless adapter; pause a few minutes, The physical adapter should be disabled and the virtual adapter should be removed from the list.
2. Re-enable the physical adapter and once enabled the virtual adapter should reappear.
3. Next restart the Virtual Router service.
4. Run the virtual router application; Set the parameters and start the virtual router.
1. If you watch the network adapters list you'll note that the virtual wireless connection shows not connected. However once the virtual router is started and working corrected the virtual wireless status will change to identifying and then when connected
the status will show either the virtual router name or the network connection name.
2. If you put your computer to sleep. shutdown, or hibernate the connection will fail and the errors will return, but repeating the above steps will get the setup working again.
Hope that helps someone... If so post and let me know...