Virtual Router Connects But Internet Does Not Start !!!

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:44 AM

My HP dv7 has Windows 7, however, my other computer which has XP will not connect to the internet even though Virtual Router is running. It is connected to the wireless connection, but no internet. I installed Virtual  Router on my DV7 which is connected to the internet via LAN modem-router. My other laptop which has XP sees the wireless connection and actually connects to it. I thought "great it's looking good", however, when I click to connect to the internet it will not do it. Is there some setting I need to adjust or maybe does the second computer also need to be Windows 7 ??? Please help, I am very frustrated with Virtual Router. It seemed simple installing it, however, the result is disappointing. It is difficult getting support and assistance, too. If somebody cannot give me some guidance I will switch to Connectify. Thank you

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:43 AM

same here!
dun know why it connects to wireless connection but not the LAN line

anyone can give us a hand?

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I am having a similar problem with beta 0.9 on my W7laptop. My laptop is hardwired to the internet thru a port on my linksys router. Using my wireless connection on hte laptop virtual router connects with my ipad2. But on teh ipad2, while it shows a connectivity, there is no response on safari (ipad web browser). How did you resolve the problem JB67?

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I have the same problem...

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I don't know it is as designed or not but user need to manually enable services (TCP Ports) from ICS (Internet connecting sharing) from Local Area Connecting property (that connected to Internet) at sharing tab.