hi, after 4 install/uninstall cycles and updating my wifi driver from http://www.atheros.cz/ i have now got it working with win 7
i also tryed the following before reinstalling and updating and im not sure if it changed anything or not.
If getting problem in starting Virtual Router, I may recommend you to use first cmd lines for Creating Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Windows 7 has an excellent in-built utility, Wireless Hosted Network (Virtual Wifi) technology, that makes your
computer, a wireless access point and you can connect all your network devices by sharing a single internet connection thorough your computer or laptop. Here’s how to set it up.
1. Open command prompt with Administrator privileges. (You can do it by going to start menu/all programs/accessories, right clicking on command prompt and selecting “Run as administrator”).
2. Enter the following command: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Test key=YOUR PASSWORD GOES HERE
Keep this window open as you will need it later (This will create a wireless access-point with SSID of “Test” Windows-7-Wifi-Setup)
3. Open the Networks and Sharing Center
4. Select your mode of connecting to the internet (ethernet, wi-fi, cable etc.)
5. Enable sharing and select special ‘hosted’ interface or Wireless Connection (i.e. Virtual Wifi miniport)
6. Start it with the following command: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Source: http://www.techylabs.com/setting-up-a-virtual-router-in-windows-7.html And you’re Done!
Tips: 1.Don't use any Wifi connections before starting Virtual Router may create Problem. 2.In Device Manage download Online, Latest Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter in case of problem. Then after few days try to connect through Virtual Router pppoe,
you can. Just see this pic to share http://i54.tinypic.com/15moh77.jpg ; My wireless connection 4 is Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. First you need to connect Internet and then start virtual router and then start. When You successfully share Internet
with virtual router you will see this. http://i53.tinypic.com/300y0ck.jpg Network Connections Page: http://i56.tinypic.com/m93gbt.jpg Virtual Router Screen Shot: http://i54.tinypic.com/spzrtj.jpg Color Red: Confidential Color Black: This may confuse you because
I already :))) Hope it Helps and will save time. :))
Fingers crossed, it now seems to be working 100% if i give it time to do its thing and dont attempt to start it for at least 5 mins after firing up my laptop.
if you have trouble getting it going, copy and paste netsh wlan start hostednetwork into a cmd prompt window and hit return