Sep 28, 2010 at 8:09 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM
VIRTUAL ROUTER MANAGER - "Could not be started" Problem Solved despite/thanks to CONNECTIFY
(for me, but can't hurt if you try)
"Virtual Router Manager" DID WORK BEFORE untill I reinstalled my computer and reinstalled "Virtual Router Manager"!
(Got "could not start" and "service not running" messages all the time).
Because of my clean install (of Win 7 64 bit) I suspect I muddled around with the network adapter settings before installing "Virtual Router Manager" the first time (before clean install).
I tried every possible setting on every adapter to try to recreate the right settings ... Did not work ...
So I decided to retrace my steps: (How I got it working):
Starting with no network settings changed at all from clean Win install:
1) Install CONNECTIFY, (even though I knew it did not work). Try to connect to Connectify Network from other device (a Win 7 Starter for me). It connects or limited connects, but no INTERNET ACCESS.
2) Shut down Connectify (no uninstall if that makes any difference), INSTALL VIRTUAL ROUTER MANAGER.
3) Try to connect to VirtualRouter Network from other device, CONNECTS with VirtualRouter Network but says NO INTERNET ACCESS.
4) Open network and sharing (on the virtual host), change VirtualRouter Network from WORK to HOME.
5) Other Device: disconnect from VirtualRouter Network and reconnect: INTERNET ACCESS !!!
I'm a network dummie so don't ask me WHY, but hey, I got it working!
(Well, after a few clean installs of Win 7, three days of swearing and about 50 cups of coffee.)
Who knows this works for you who have problems too.