Remove password from Virtual Router

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Please post here how to force remove passwordv from vitrual Router Manager clients

HOW TO
REMOVE PASSWORD FROM Vitrual Router Manager
REMOVE PASSWORD FROM Microsoft Virtual WIFI Minport Adapter
FORCE REMOVE Vitrual Router Manager
WORK AROUND TO REMOVE PASSWORD FROM Vitrual Router Manager
BLANK PASSWORD TO Vitrual Router Manager
REMOVE WPA2 PASSWORD FROM Vitrual Router Manager

I WOULD LIKE TO FORCE REMOVE PASSWORD AND WI-FI Encryption off of the virtual wireless network is there some type of patch or hack i can do this for some reason Microsoft is forcing you to put a password on the network as if we're unable to think for ourselves and they know best.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM

The password and WPA2 requirements can not be removed from either Virtual Router or Windows Virtual Wifi. The reason they are enforced is so that you (the user) is always protected with the highest level of wireless security. There really isn't any reason you wouldn't want them enabled anyway, otherwise anyone would be able to view/access your transmitted data.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Aside from the inability to disable WPA2 security, Virtual Router looks like a perfectly simple and effective piece of software.  Unfortunately, the inability to disable security makes it completely worthless in some situations and, therefor, I am forced to keep looking for another solution.  The developers of Virtual Router should STRONGLY consider adding the ability to disable security to this otherwise fantastic utility.  Keep up the good work!  ;)

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM
kevindual wrote:

Aside from the inability to disable WPA2 security, Virtual Router looks like a perfectly simple and effective piece of software.  Unfortunately, the inability to disable security makes it completely worthless in some situations and, therefor, I am forced to keep looking for another solution.  The developers of Virtual Router should STRONGLY consider adding the ability to disable security to this otherwise fantastic utility.  Keep up the good work!  ;)

Not sure what situations you are referring to exactly -- and I haven't even run Virtual Router yet -- but would setting the SSID to something like password=12345678 with a password of 12345678 pretty much give you an open hotspot if that's what you're looking for?

May 9, 2015 at 2:44 PM
This thread may be old, but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, here. I'm trying to create a spoofed Nintendo Zone for my 3DS with Virtual Router and due to the fact I can't set it to have no password, I can't get the dang thing to recognize it as a Nintendo Zone. So unfortunately, I'm SOL since all software of this type tries to enforce a password. And you know, I don't have an Android Phone.